Dr. Usha Rajagopal, MD is an active member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
Credentials, Training, & Certification
Membership in the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) is by invitation only. Membership is designed to be limited only to formally trained and experienced plastic surgeons who concentrate their practices in performing cosmetic plastic surgery of the face and body.
Only about 25% of all American Board of Plastic Surgery certified surgeons have been accepted into ASAPS membership.
Requirements for membership include:
- Be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Participate in accredited Continuing Medical Education to stay current with developments in the field of cosmetic plastic surgery and patient safety
- Document the performance of a significant number and variety of cosmetic surgical cases to demonstrate wide experience
- Be sponsored by 2 member plastic surgeons to help ensure that the applicant’s professional reputation meets the high standards required by ASAPS
- Adhere to current ethical standards for professional conduct
- Operate in accredited surgical facilities
- Be elected by at least 80% of the Active Membership.
Find a Surgeon
Search the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery database to locate a plastic surgeon in your area. You can be assured that any surgeon you select is qualified to perform a wide variety of procedures. Click the image below to go to the ASAPS “Find a Plastic Surgeon” finder.